Tuesday 10 June 2014

Task 4 HA6



From looking into the UCAS site, I have now a far better understanding of courses I could do if I ever decided t go to university. I quite liked the idea of Art and design and so I researched this up on UCAS. I found that during this course I would do many different tasks such as fashion and textile design, industrial design, cinematic's e.c.t. This was a course related to the Manchester school of Art meaning that this would be local to me. However, In order for me to study this course at university I would need Five GCSE passes at grade C or above which must include Art/Design/Media subject plus Maths and English. In addition, they have also asked for the minimum of two GCSE A level or vocational A level passes at grade C or above. In this course, the time duration is 3 years.



The next course I researched through UCAS was Computer sciences and IT. The search gave me a university in Manchester in which is Manchester Metropolitan University. This was local meaning I would have easy access to the university. Here I would learn many different tasks such as technology is computers, graphics in computers and how they work, robotics e.c.t. However in order for me to join this course, I need a UK honours degree in a computer related subject and proof of myself doing work experience  in a computer related job. In addition I need at least 5 passes in,using maths and English. In addition the time duration is 2 years 


Another course I found interesting was Media studies and publishing. Here I would learn journalism, creative writing and media production. Also I found a location where I can study this which is Liverpool hope university. This would mean moving out as it is not local. However to study here, I would need an honours degree (2 2 or above), In addition I would need 5 GCSE passes including English and a course related with IT. the time duration would also be 2 years 


Also, another course that attracted me was tourism and hospitality. The university closest in which holds this course is University of central Lancashire. Here I will learn how tourism management works as well as how festivals use management. In addition I would learn how the international market works. However to study this course I need a honours degree (or equivalent) related to a subject to do with tourism and at least 5 GCSE passes in any subjects. This course is 3 years long.

The final course I looked into was music and performing arts. The university advised to me was Lancaster university.meaning that travel issues may be a problem  Here I would learn drama, how to perform music. However to study here I would need an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline e.g. drama. This course will last 2 years











No comments:

Post a Comment