Tuesday 10 June 2014

Task 5 HA6

Web Designer
From looking at the apprenticeships through the government's apprenticeship site, I came across many apprenticeships. The site gave me the option of what apprenticeship I was aiming at and the location in which I could find it. I typed in "web designer in Manchester" and many results shown up. I carefully read through each one until I found the best apprenticeship. However the company was confidential as I would need to apply to see what company they were, But the location of the apprenticeship was in the north west of Manchester. The apprenticeship would last one week including weekends, and during this time they said I would be able to create one website for the internet. In addition, they said that I would design and update flash components for websites and experience software such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop e.c.t. Overall, I would have to work 3 hours a day all week. Lastly for this job I will need  at least 2 passes in a course relevant to web designing.


Travel and Tourism
The next interesting apprenticeship I found and would quite like to participate in was a Travel and Tourism apprenticeship. The location of where the apprenticeship begins is in London and from there they say we will travel around to different countries. Here I will learn how to travel many miles from home and tour with groups from around the world. In addition they say I will learn how different countries work and meet interesting new people. To take part in this apprenticeship all they want is for me to be passionate about travelling, to be focused on what I want to achieve, and be a good team player. This apprenticeship also gives you the option on how long you want to participate in this apprenticeship, e.g. you have to participate for at least 2 weeks, but you can stay longer up to 6 months.


IT technical support
This sounds a very interesting apprenticeship and so I looked into this more. The location of the apprenticeship however is in Bristol, which is far from where I live. This will last from Monday to Friday and I will be working from the hours 9.00am to 5.00pm. Here it says I will learn how to fix various things from printers to laptops, to PC's and scanners. In addition, Its says I will also be recording issues within CRM systems. It also says that if I want to learn more, it can take up to a year to get an advanced appretecship at level 3. Overall, to participate in this apprenticeship I will need at least a merit in a course related to ICT and a maths grade of C or above likewise English.


Market research interviewer
This apprenticeship is based in Moss side which is close to home. Here it says I will interview people from many different locations from the persons own home. Also, they say that they will give me my own laptop in which I can fill in the in the information on from what the person is saying. For me to take part in this apprenticeship, It says I will need to be able to drive as I will need to travel and I will need a C or above in English as I will need to  interview people using correct terminology. Overall this course will last 3 days, two days during the week from the hours of 2.00pm to 8.00pm and then one day during the weekend with the same hours. I get to decide which days.


concept artist
This apprenticeship is based in Manchester. Here I will learn artistic skills and how to devlop paintings e.c.t using different tools such as paints, charcoal e.c.t. The final task will be to create a piece of art using the skills I have learnt whilst here. I will be working from 1.00pm to 6.00pm for 5 days. In order to do this task I need altleast a grade C in a subject to do with art.

Social Media and Digital Marketing
This apprenticeship is based in Manchester, Here I ill work for 5 days Monday to Friday from the hours of 9.00am to 3.00pm. It says I will learn how to create and send out proposals, how to check through Google analytics's, and also how to update information on the company database. In order to participate in this course; I will need at least 5 GCSE passes including maths and English, and good computer skills as well as good communication skills.


Warehouse Organisation
This course is based in Manchester and during my time here I will learn how to prepare orders from the installation team, store storage into correct places and also build up equipment. This apprenticeship will last for 1 week including weekends from the hours of 12.00pm to 7.00pm. In order to take part in this apprenticeship I will need good communication skills, I will need to be confident when using computers and  I will need to be working at a rate in which I will meet deadlines. No formal qualifications however are needed.


Sales Apprentice
The location of this course is also in Manchester. This apprenticeship will last 5 days Monday to Friday from the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm. Here I will learn how to introduce the company to new businesses, how to cold call companies, and also how to cleansing date. To participate in this course I will need C's or above in maths and English and good IT skills as well as good communication skills.


Digital Marketing
This apprenticeship is based in Manchester. I will have to for only 5 days from Monday to Friday with the hours 9.00am to 5.30pm. Here I will help with power point-presentations, take part in social media design support e.c.t. I will need 5 GCSE passes including Maths and English and have knowledge with using Illustrator and Photoshop. In addition I will need to have good skills with time management.


Online Retail
This course is based in Manchester. Here I will learn how to manage stock online, use Photoshop to manipulate images, process orders e.c.t. I will have to work for at least 30 hours a week from the days Monday to Friday. However to do this apprenticeship I will need a grade C or above in English and have excellent communication skills as well as Photoshop skills.








No comments:

Post a Comment